Thursday, November 1, 2007

Shopping day

Not a great day, I guess if I had unlimited funds and could shop anywhere I wanted it might be more fun. I am trying very hard to shop for two weeks, and a little more. This going to the store every other day is quickly draining any funds we have. I outlined a menu for two weeks and stuck to it. Two weeks sounds like a short time period, if you weren't limiting yourself to 'not shopping again for two weeks'. So you see I am trying to limit the 'lets run to the store' which in turn always cost $60.00 and up, and those are not items that you can even remember half the time and not always really necessary. Yep I am also tracking every dollar spent (no I don't usually do this but its a good way to see where we spend our money). Not a lovely thought but its a way to keep reality in check, well who's taking bets to see how long this lasts.

The safe way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. ~Frank Hubbard




On the crafty side I finished my owl purse. All from recycled items. Even the hook, purse magnet, and zipper. The only new stuff on this is the thread used in the embroidery and construction. The embroidery designs are from Hatched in Africa. The owl and side flowers are from the Jacobean Jewels 4x4 set and the back butterfly is a mix of the Jacobean Jewels 4x4 and the Butterfly jewels.






1 comment:

  1. Kira,
    I love the purse. very stylish use of colors. Thank you for a most creative use of my jacobean designs.
    Santi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails