Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Holiday Purse

Yes - strange but true, I have made myself a Christmas holiday purse.


It's a basic bucket style bag/tote, big enough for a few extra items while out shopping this holiday. Inside are the simple pockets and a magnetic snap. I stitched angled strips of fabric onto a canvas foundation (sorta like easy crazy quilting), then various yarns and embroidery for the accents. The handles are made from fabric covered cotton clothesline, with a fuzzy black yarn added in between the two cords. This helped disguise the dip between two cords.





I got the strap idea from 'It's a Wrap' By Susan Breier , the clothesline is a good weight for straps and they hang nicely. I have this book and have to say it's full of fun ideas. Love the bowls, and it's a great way to use up fabric scraps.


Next I need to start on Christmas gifts. I know two guys who are getting slippers this year. I plan on taking a basic slipper pattern and adding something to the sole to make them very comfy, but more on this when I have figured that part out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails