Hey everyone! Wendi from prsd4tim2 nominated my blog for a Leibster Award recently. Blogger awards are such a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers so I knew I had to participate.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
I enjoyed getting to know more about Wendi, and I will answer these questions she has sent to me so you can get to know more about me too!
2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to? Totally nothing to do with quilting - My son's graduation this coming May and the fact that he is going to continue his education and be the first in my family with a Masters Degree.
3. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind? Sewing, quilting and camping but also lounging on the couch surrounded by my three dogs - Guils, Ripley and Tessa.
4. Photo's say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you? It's a picture of my son when he was just 6 years old, it was taken on the roof of the Duomo in Milan. We lived in Northern Italy for 3 years, just minutes from Lake Garda. My husband was active duty in the USAF at the time and we were stationed at Ghedi Air Base (an Italian Air Base). In those three years we experienced life as an Italian. We lived on the economy and learned as much as we could about the area. We loved every moment!!
5. What quote inspires you the most? My grandfather once told me "Always do your best, even if your digging a ditch make sure to dig the best ditch you have ever dug". So no matter how small or insignificant what you are doing might seem, do it with pride! He was a country boy and grew up in poverty in the south, but he was the most hardworking, forgiving, kindest, sweetest, loving man I have ever known!
6. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why? A 6" by 12" rotary cutting ruler, I use it all the time. Recently I misplaced it and had the hardest time cutting fabric with the other rulers I have. I ran right out and bought a new one.
7. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere camping! We love to camp and have a tiny little camper called Itty Bitty. Usually we camp quite a few times a year and love being outdoors in nature.
8. What is your favorite blog? This is a hard one! I can't possibly choose just one, I love all the blogs I subscribe to (through bloglovin) and don't believe one is better than the other, each blogger shares their insight and knowledge. Just like the individuals that write the blogs, each blog is wonderful in its own way!
9. What is your favorite way to work out? Oh, boy do I have to answer this - Really?! I use to lift weights and run, but haven't been at it for a while. I do miss running, it was such an escape. I really need to get my bum in gear and get back at it!
10. Where do you like to shop? Well, that depends... Fabric? um.. Lots of places! Brick and Mortar stores: A&E in Pensacola (divine selection) and Lynn's in FWB. Online: Westwood Acres, Fat Quarter Shop, Hawthorn Threads, Fabric Depot, the list goes on and on.
11. What's the best advice you've ever been given? My best friend once told me something her dad said "Words are like a tube of toothpaste." Which makes complete sense to me because once you say the words (hurtful and unkind) you can never take them back - so be kind with your words!!
Now to nominate some fellow bloggers :)
Ok bloggers now its your turn to answer some questions
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to?
3. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind?
4. Photo's say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you?
5. What quote inspires you the most?
6. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why?
7. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
9. What is your favorite way to work out?
10. Where do you like to shop?
11. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Oh and don't forget to stop by Wendi's blog Prsd4tim2 and say 'Hi'! She is so talented and I love reading her blog!!