Monday, September 7, 2009

Charity

If you look 'Charity' up in the dictionary you will see :

1. generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless: to devote one's life to charity.
2. something given to a person or persons in need; alms: She asked for work, not charity.
3. a charitable act or work.
4. a charitable fund, foundation, or institution: He left his estate to a charity.
5. benevolent feeling, esp. toward those in need or in disfavor: She looked so poor that we fed her out of charity.
6. leniency in judging others; forbearance: She was inclined to view our selfish behavior with charity.
7. Christian love; agape............................

Being a person who's life has been affected by a disease, the disease Muscular Dystrophy (Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy) I look at life so different than most people. My brother's lives were taken by MD, I saw the struggles they made everyday. Their love and vigor for life, knowing the out come, knowing how they were cheated of the real life they could have had. Fate is a fickle lady and from her I learned to love every minute I have and cherish every moment of the loved ones I have in my life.

I am not saying that you need to send money or sacrifice, but to notice the small things in your life and love the ones around you!! As someone once said "Life - it's not a dress rehearsal".

BUT - if you can, please help to save others by donating to the MDA Telethon!! God willing one day there will be no such thing as Muscular Dystrothy!!!

Proud that my brothers are Jerry's Kids!! Love you - Derek, Jeff, and Rand!!!!!!!!!! Gods angels, they are waiting for me......................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails