Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Sewing

I have started sewing my gifts. Like many other bloggers I am not buying premade things this year, but trying to make gifts that are special. So the first WIPs (work in progress) are shorts from McCall's OP 2568 .

I have had this pattern since 2000, when I made my DH some shorts (sleep/lounge shorts). Those have since worn out and now I have been told more are needed.



I found this COOL fabric at my favorite little quilt shop here in town. It's called "Madame Butterfly" in the Opulance series by Paula Nadelstern. This pair of shorts will be for DH.


And this flaming colorful fabric from the Headgear series by Fabri-Quilt will be for my son. Saying all this my DH and DS don't read my blog, so I should be ok.

I have to be honest, I really wish I was sewing the 'Share the Love' ruffle bag- the fabric turned out very nice.


And I found a cute rose & vine print in my stash for the lining. I did get the 32 ruffles cut out, yep 32. See there are 8 on each side = 16 ruffles total. I am using the self fabric as the facing so that makes 32 curved pieces. If I was using suede or leather I wouldn't need all this, just 16 ruffles. Any-who this looks like its going to be very funky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails