Thursday, August 22, 2013

Scrap Swap Challenge? - Accepted!

Every year on ECMQG anniversary we do a scrap challenge (here is the Dec Christmas challenge and last years anniversary challange pics). Everyone that wants to participate brings a quart size zip-lock baggie filled with scraps which are placed in brown paper bags and at the end of out meeting they are randomly drawn. You then talk to the owner of the scraps and find out what they would like to receive. Sometimes they have a particular need/want or as with my partner and dear friend Cindy, I was given freedom to create anything. We are allowed the use of only one other fabric and a binding.

Cindy's Scraps

I went home that afternoon and dumped the scraps on my bed sorting them, the scraps are lovely shades of orange, low volume, a cute gray tomato print and a larger strip of an aqua print.


The orange prints in my grandmothers old bowl.
Immediately I knew what I wanted to make, but I can't really say just yet because Cindy reads my blog. So I apologize I can't spill the beans on this one until the September meeting.

I am so excited and wish I could show you, but darn it I can't and that makes it even harder to stay quiet! 
I can show you some sneak peeks for now...

Teeny Tiny Piecing
Ignore the sad thumb nail, my hands have taken a beating lately. These pieces are very tiny, and at an awkward angle so I had to use lots of pins.



Pins, pins and more pins.


There are just tiny little scraps left of the original scraps.


Working on the low-volume scraps next, still not sure if what is in my head is translating into it yet but I can't share that with you either - sorry.

It's not finished and I have so much more to do, but it should be completed by the deadline and I'll post pictures after I give it to her.

Have you ever worked on something that excites you and you want to show it to everyone but can't?

3 comments:

  1. Oooohh! Intrigued by your teeny tiny piecing!! Can't wait to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested in seeing what your project is. Will check back to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good so far, it'll be fun to see what you make. I love your name that you pieced. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails