Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pretty Pleasing Pleats

Oooooooohhh, pleats are everywhere this season! Pleats on skirts, blouses, pants, dresses, shoes and even on handbags too. All you have to do is search 'Pleated' at Neiman Marcus or Saks and up pop lots of lovely things.

So next up is a inverted box pleated skirt in dark denim or black. The list of patterns I like so far are:



Burda 8034

view A has a wide waistband, 5 front pleats and 5 back pleats with a side zipper



Hotpatterns 1017


Has a small waist band, 4 front pleats and 4 back pleats top stitched down to hip area, deep hem and a side zipper

Butterick 5285


View 'C' and 'D' have a small waist band 6 pleats in front and 6 pleats in back that are stitched to hip area with a back zipper


Butterick 4686



View 'A' and 'B' have 7 pleats in front and 7 pleats in back, no waist band (pleats start at top) that are stitched to the hip area, and side zipper

I am leaning towards Butterick 4686, mainly because I already have this pattern in my stash and have sewn up a test, I also have Burda 8034 and love the waistband ............but I am still looking closely at the others.


For inspiration I found this cute skirt at Newport News


Should I do dark denim or a black twill?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails