Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fun with Tutorials!

I thought after the first of the year that everything would slow down, but no. Just like everyone knows more things end up on the 'to do' list! But I can't complain because I am loving it all!! Doing more of the creative things I love to do.

I volunteered for the Emerald Coast Modern Quilt Guild Block Lottery and became the official Block Lottery Captain in January; and what an honor it is! I get to design and test block patterns for the guild. Check out our block for the March meeting...


I was really fun to sew up and easy too! The block lottery is a great way for our guild to raise funds, but it is also a way to learn new quilting skills or push yourself to use fabrics you might not have ever chosen. It is a free tutorial every month for anyone to use, even if your not a guild member it's avalable. I hope that these tutorials are helpful, educating and fun!!

The past two blocks were...






I am looking forward to future months!! I already have some great ideas ready.

Also I plan on making each one of these blocks to keep and then at the end of the year create a sampler quilt from them. I have a bundle of Denise Schmidt Chicopee and a nice bundle of low volumes I plan on using, the Chicopee just makes me smile so I think that will be my happy sampler quilt - finally some selfish sewing :)

So please if you see a block tutorial on the Emerald Coast Modern Quilt Guild Blog you like, by all means make some!! And please send me a pic I would love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails