Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Modern Maples, Part I

One of the members of our local quilt guild (ECMQG) threw out the idea of a quilt along using Larks Crafts Modern Maples back in April. 
Lark Crafts Modern Maples

The pattern was all over blogland and Instagram last year around November and even Kelly got in on the action and created a lovely quilt. But some of us didn't get a chance to join in until now :)

Our guild is doing a very (and I mean very) relaxed quilt along running from June to Sept. That way we have plenty of time to finish up before the holidays get here. I am excited to see what everyone comes up with.


Large Floral Prints

I decided to use large floral prints, which I know doesn't sound to modern but all the prints are newer and from designers like Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett. I wanted to do all Amy Butler but as it would seem I couldn't find enough in different colorways. The pattern calls for 18 different fat quarters, I am using some fat quarters some quarter yards. I have only 16 different prints which some I will use twice. There are two prints I am not to sure about but will go ahead sew up the blocks and audition them and make a decision to keep them or use them elsewhere.

boring line drawing


Last night was line drawing night - not the most exciting part but the good thing is next is sewing HST which I find quite relaxing.

I was goofing around on Instagram and found many lovely versions of the Modern Maples. I also learned about hashtags - yea I know am I showing my age?? I found a cute mini made by Darcy at Modern Cozy

Darcy's Mini Modern Maples

Is it not so sweet?!?! I'd say as sweet as maple syrup!! Now I must make a mini from my scraps!!! It's your fault Darcy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails