Friday, March 22, 2013

I gott'a secret



I am working on a rather large swoon block that in the end should finish at around 26 inches.

I was inspired by Kirsten's 'Love of Solids' pillow she made for a swap - is it not amazing!!
Check out her blog Gemini Stitches, she is sooooo talanted!!!

Photo belongs to Kirsten
I used Electric Quilt 7 to draft and figure the rotary cutting measurements. Also used this HST method and this flying geese method.

Do you see my beautiful assistant, Tessa in the photo. Her real name is Madame Quintessa Imadeapoo but we just call her Tessa as to not let it go to her head, you know the whole 'Madame' thing and all  ;)


She has approved it and now its spray-basted and has been quilted. What will I do with this block you ask?

The block is for the Modernista Homemade {a sewing swap}, and the rest is a secret just for now - sorry!






5 comments:

  1. Tessa matches your HUGE block perfectly - no wonder she approves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Frances! Yea, she loves to help me quilt and always thinks what I make is for her, but this time she is going to have to say good bye as it is for a swap.

      Delete
  2. Those colors are great! And Madame matches!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    p.s. Don't miss out on the giveaway on my blog, if you're interested!
    www.aquiltisahug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carly, thanks for stopping by. Yea she loves the colors too :)

      Delete
  3. A beautiful block (and dog)! Sure your secret partner will love it:) Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails