Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Genie's Skirt

Here I go again, I have become captivated by Genie's Skirt at Anthropologie.ue. It is so cute, and in gray corduroy - my oh so favorite color this fall!!

Genie's Skirt
"Pilcro's cord fit-and-flare skirt rises like a dream from a flowing hemline into a contouring pencil frame."

Could you just see this looking pretty with a classic cardigan sweater set, lovely tights and retro heels?!!! Corduroy in a flirty ruffle-y feminine 8 gore fitted skirt!! And how did they get the corduroy to cooperate and create that flirty ruffle?

Why do I do this to myself? Find something there is no pattern exactly like it and feel as I have to make it. (feeling a little down about having to draft or alter a pattern - yet again)

Ok lets see - the Genie skirt is an 8 gore fitted pencil skirt with ruffle/flounce attached hem, 21 inches long, the front hem is slightly higher than the back hemline, traditional waistband, side zipper, back yoke and topstitching details.


The contenders are...


View C
This pattern is in my stash, but I have never sewn it. I like the hemline, although it goes up in the back also that would need altered. The length is much longer than 21 inches (21" is a bit to short for me anyway) but it could be shortened to hit at the knee. I would need to create the 8 gores and remove the darts, add the yoke and then add a waist band.

View A
I have sewn view 'A' a few times and it fits and flatters my figure. The skirt it's self is a slight A-line and the ruffle does not have the oomph the Genie does. The hemline would need altered lifting the front up a bit, create 8 gores removing the darts, add the yoke and waist band.

After work I may pull out my Burda mags and see if there are any close patterns. BUT if you know of one that might work please oh please let me know!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear,dear Kira,

    I absolutely LOOOOVE that oh so seductive , softly romantic skirt. For me it is Perfection.

    ~Heart~
    elise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed my daughter this skirt yesterday. She loves it! She wants me to make her one. Thanks for the photo and the # name of pattern( Simplicity)
    It fills the All I want for Christmas dilemma !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails