Thursday, June 10, 2010

An Oasis of Inspiration

I found a new web shop for some dress ideas at Oasis, new to me but prolly not so new to you - hey I am slow ya know ;0)   Oasis is a UK based company that offers a feminine fashionable fun line of clothing. Some of the items remind me a little of Anthropologie, and we just love the vintage vibe there right!?! Well I do!!!



All three of these dresses remind me of....



Little changes here and there, some lace, eyelet and a pin tuck or two. It is amazing how looking at ready to wear for insiration and paying close attention to the design lines can translate into a pattern you might already have or never would have thought about sewing for yourself. And if your lucky enough maybe a few $$ less than the RTW price.

Now all those dresses are ones that I love the look of and would wear. I have this pattern in my stash and would like to make a few in different styles and colors, but this has to go on the design board for now as I have so much waiting to be cut and sewn already.

Something else to drool over...

Oasis Zest Border dress!!
This dress just screams 'sexy on a hot steamy summer evening sipping cosmos by the pool' and not to mention comfortable!! Also this dress would be great for my up coming trip to New Orleans, don't you agree?

I am obsessed! Yep, obsessed with this dress!! I am thinking that if I take New Look 6778 which I have already made here. Using a solid color for the yoke and a border print for the body of the dress. The inspiration dress is a halter dress and New Look is not, but I think the curved yoke that N6778 has will have a similar look and feel to the original's U-shaped neckline and with straps I don't have to worry about bra peek-a-boo. Now my only real problem is that my trip is a week from today, and ordering fabric might be risky so on my way home tonight I will stop by JoAnn's and see if I can find some fabric. Otherwise I will order and cross my fingers it gets here fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails