Saturday, April 4, 2009

Camera Strap Toot

I grabbed a handful of scraps.

Then cut the scraps into 13 - 2.5" by 6" strips. Arranged them into a pleasing grouping. Sewed them together using a 1/4" seam allowance.


Next I cut a strip of thin polyester batting 1.5" by 26.5". Pressing the fabric in half long ways with and iron, to find a reference point to place the batting. Place the batting on one side of this crease, then fold the side towards the batting.

Then fold in again, creating a strap and enclosing the raw edges. (the red in the drawing is the batting). Then stitch 1/4" on each side down the length of the strap.

I cannibalized the strap that came with the camera and used the ends. After frog stitching the ends off I then stitched the ends onto my new strap.

Ta-Da, a brand new designer camera strap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails