Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My new sack of goodies for some sewing fun


Here's what I walked away Jo-Ann's with: 3 yards of deep red ponte roma knit (top or tank and a cardigan), 5 yards for chocolate brown ponte roma knit (pants, tank, cardigan, and maybe a strait skirt), 3 yards of a light brown twill (long skirt from Simplicity 3796 ), 1 yard of home-deck in a black and white check along with a yard of insul-bright (both for a cool Chanel'esk lunch bag).

I wanted Burda 7818, long jean skirt - but it was out a Jo-Ann's so I may have to order it from Pattern Review. So as you see I settled on the easy drawstring waist of Simplicity in the light brown twill I purchased. Very different skirts, I think the Burda has a better flow at the hem line and the Simplicity you could use lighter fabrics in the summer.

Now here is a test I am going to try and if you want to let me know what you think - please do! I want to take the jacket pattern from Butterick 4980 and use a knit (this style is sooo IN now). Maybe in the ponte roma.
Happy sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails