Friday, August 12, 2016

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes...

In the stuttering chorus, hypnotic music composition and the lyrics of David Bowie's 'Changes' -  which evoke a feeling of reflection and reinvention of ones' self...

Strange fascination, fascinating me
Changes are taking the pace
I'm going through

This speaks volumes of what is going on within right now, exciting yet terrifying! 

I left the corporate world just last year to work in a local quilt shop, I also started my home quilting business part time. I met so many wonderful people and gained knowledge that helped me to continue to grow artistically. As the home quilting business became more than just part time, we (my husband and I) decided it was time to devote my time more towards the quilting business and back away from the shop. I will however miss my fellow coworkers and friends at the shop, I know this is the right decision for us. 

This change will also be a time to share my knowledge and teach - things that I love to do in the quilting community. 

More to come, and more quilting fun to be shared with you!!

Kira

9 comments:

  1. Always scary, but you will rock it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi! I sure has been an adventure so far and I know in my heart it will be a good direction.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn!! As a like minded quilt artist, I know you have overcome many hurdles to be where you are today and your comment means the world to me!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy for you. You are a very talented artist and quilter and I'm so excited for you! Many people only dream of what you have already achieved. I'm praying for you and your success! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Jules thank you so much! Your friendship and support keep me going!! Miss our little group of friends, and look forward to future fun times together!

      Delete
  4. You rock! Many hugs and lots of love in following what fuels you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails