Monday, March 24, 2014

Wonderful New Beginnings

“A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” - Eda J LeShan




My dear friends have a baby boy on the way, such a great blessing for a very deserving couple!! I wanted to make something they could enjoy and celebrate with their new baby.  I had to keep it a secret as the new momma-to-be watches my posts, but now that the baby shower is over I can share :)


Carter's quilt was made using Amanda of Jedi Craft Girl's Monster Truck Quilt Tutorial. Her tutorial is perfect! It was quick and easy, and so cute too! The finished measurements on this quilt is 36" by 48". I used the 12.5" blocks (12" finished) in a 3 by 4 layout, total blocks used were 12. Instead of a monster truck, I went with a cute elephant applique very similar to the couples nursery decorations. I found the applique at Sew4Home's post 'Super Cute Animal Applique Pillows'.

 

The nursery colors are navy, green, gray and taupe. Which made this a great quilt to use Riley Blake's chevrons and dots fabric prints, along with Kona navy, ash (gray) and green. I use a raw-edge applique technique for his name and the cute elephant, and stitched down with a simple zigzag stitch. It is quilted with a simple meandering quilting design with gray thread.


For the banner/bunting I also used raw edge applique and the same fabrics as in the quilt.


Using Noodlehead's Divided Basket pattern and fabric scraps from the quilt, I finished up this cute fabric basket just in time. I highly recommend the Divided Basket pattern - great instructions and very well written!


I love all the room in there!!


And also to add in the basket - 5 burp cloths and a flannel receiving blanket.  Had a wonderful time at the baby shower and the couple love all the gifts they received. Looking forward to meeting Carter!! xoxo

~A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.~ Anonymous 

2 comments:

  1. How adorable! All of it! What lucky friends to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I renominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. My answers are up and posted. :) I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails