Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fresh Flowers Quilt Along

It's official - I am going to host my very first quilt-along! I am super excited!! I have always loved participating in QALs over the years and now, finally I will be hosting one. We are going to have such fun!! The pattern is so cute and just in time for the spring weather.


After a dreary, cold and record breaking winter, aren't we ready for spring?! And what would be more cheery and spring-like than a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers. 

We will have 3 size layouts and color placement options - all starting April 7th. The schedule will be as follows:

This schedule should allow plenty of time for fabric shopping (and stash shopping of course), for everyone to complete their blocks and a few late comers to the party also. 
Fresh Flowers Quilt Along

I hate to repeat myself - but I am super excited and hope you join me in this quilt along! 

Hugs,
Kira

22 comments:

  1. What fun! I am new to quilting guilds..... what exactly is a quilt along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! A quilt along is where you join a group who are all following along a tutorial or quilt pattern together. You can ask questions and see other peoples progress, it is a fund way to make friends and create a quilt at the same time:)

      Delete
  2. OK! Sign me up! This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbi, we are going to have so much fun!!! So glad you are joining in!

      Delete
  3. This looks beautiful. Count me in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! So glad your going to join us!!

      Delete
  4. First, Congratulations! Second, is this a paper pieced pattern? Third, I've never done a QAL! Fourth, Count me in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1-Thanks! 2- Nope just regular old piecing with a little template help. 3- Awesome you will do just fine! 4- Yay!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds good to me! Maybe I can be on time with this one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine I am excited your joining in too!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. The finished squares are 12". Hope you can joins us!

      Delete
  7. I like the look of this design. Hopefully I can join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you can too, its going to be fun!

      Delete
  8. I have tons going on but love the design so I am going to do my best to get some fabric together and join in. I put your button on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand - I want this to be fun so no pressure on a dead line. I will leave the QAL up indefinitely.Thanks!!
      Kira xoxo

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh, I am in the middle of another quilt along (and just a wee bit behind) but this is sooooo cute! I'm going to see if if I have something suitable in my stash (as a newbie quilter I don't have a huge stash yet) and make the small one. If nothing else I can make one block now and finish later! Love this pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean I have way more things on my 'to do' list than I can get done. There are no time limits with the QAL and I will leave it up indefinitely. Just have fun!!
      Kira xoxo

      Delete
  10. I added your button to my blog and hope to follow along with you! :Hugs:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails